Friday, December 21, 2007

Perception - Selective Distortion -

Perception we are talking here as part of consumer behavior with why crm and agency management system.

Today, we are going to talk about Selective Distortion.

Let us suppose you have decided to purchase a specific brand ‘A’ of pressure cooker. Since you have already made your decision you would seek only that information which reinforces the correctness of your decision.

If you hear some positive remarks made about brand ‘B’ you would tend to find some shortcoming or flaw in that brand so that you do not feel that you have made a wrong decision by buying brand ‘A’. When to fit information to suit your own ideas or personal meaning, the process is known as selective distortion. Thus, a marketer may find that his message is often not received in the intended manner but it is twisted in different ways by different consumers.



ref: crm software and sfa applications, agency management system

4 comments:

Kay said...

CRM is getting popular in the business world today and I see great modules introduced by www.leadorganizer.net

I think consumers are buy more and more products from internet and internet vendors are in need for very good CRM solutions like www.leadorganizer.net to keep track of online buys. www.leadorganizer.net also has good document management solution for internet vendors.

Unknown said...

Hi,
Your blog on Selective Distortion is very nice. I have reviewed your recommended http://www.leadorganizer.net site and I am happy when I visit the http://www.leadorganizer.net/customer_relation_management.htm page. It is very useful. I like your post.

Pari said...

Hi there, friend4all....
I had a glimpse in your blog about Perception-Selective Distortion. You got a nice article. As I visited your site http://www.agencyorganizer.com/ that you have submitted to agencymanagement system, i get interested always in reading yur blog. Keep it up.

Anonymous said...

I had a glimpse in your blog there. Interesting topic I read there. I visited http://www.agencyorganizer.com/; they have exclusive.