Friday, November 30, 2007

Psychological Factors-Consumer Behavior

We talk about Importance of Consumer Behavior , Consumer Behavior---Introduction ,CRM as a part of leadorganizer and lead management with reference to crm. In our previous post, we talk about Types of Consumers, Buyer Vs User and factor influencing consumer behavior.


Consumer Needs and Motivations
We all have needs and we consume different goods and services with the expectation that they will help fulfill these needs. When a need is sufficiently pressing, it directs the person to seek its satisfaction. It is known as Motive. All our needs can be classified into two categories-primary and secondary.

Primary need or motives are the physiological need which we are born with, such as the need for air, water, food, clothing, shelter and sex.

The secondary needs are our acquired needs which we have developed in response to the society and environment in which we live. The secondary needs are the result of the individuals’ psychological make-up and his relationship with other members of the society.

The secondary need may include the need of power, prestige, esteem, affection, learning, status etc. Clothing is a primary need for all of us but the need for three piece tweed suit or jean pant o silk kimono are expressions acquired needs. The man wearing a three piece tweed suit may be seeking to fulfill his status need or his ego need by impressing his friends and family.

The theory of hierarchy of need was propounded by Abraham Maslow. We talk on this in our next post.


ref: crm, sfa, lead management, leadorganizer software for insurance industry.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello,
I like your blog on Consumer Behavior. I love to read about Consumer Needs and Motivations. I like your post on Psychological Factors-Consumer Behavior and CRM as a part of LeadOrganizer and Lead Management.

Unknown said...

Hello,
I like your blog on Consumer Behavior. You are covering some importance factors nicely. I love to read your post on Psychological Factors on Consumer Behavior as part of Leadorganizer and Lead Management. I have read your previous post also on CRM, which is related to LeadOrganizer.

Pari said...

Hello, I’ts been a long time that I read some good bog about Psychological Factors-Consumer Behavior. At last you have that for us readers. I’m thankful that you have thought of that. It’s surprising always that you have that blog in your http://www.agencyorganizer.com/.

Pari said...

Why is it that every time I visit http://www.agencyorganizer.com/, you have good blog for us. Like this blog you provide “Factors Influencing Consumer Behavior”. It really can help many. Can I expect more on that with your next issue? I’lll be waiting for that. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

Hi,
Whenever I surf on net, I always start my surfing with your blogs because I know you update your articles very gracefully. I have passed your blogs and articles on Insurance CRM Software to my many net friends who are interested to know something good.